Charles attended Cincinnati College of Mortuary Science and upon graduation was employed with two local funeral homes in Huntington for several years prior to establishing this family funeral home.
At the time, Henson Mortuary was the first new funeral home to be built and established in the area in over 20 years and was the only facility to be built expressly for the sole purpose of a funeral home.
In designing this state-of-the-art facility, Mr. and Mrs. Henson’s goal was to make the facility conveniently located and all on a one floor plan so that is was easily accessible to everyone while providing an atmosphere conducive for honoring the lives of our loved ones and beginning the grief process.
In May 0f 2010 Mr. Henson welcomed Fred and Amber Kitchen Family into the Henson Mortuary Family. Mr. Henson and the Henson Mortuary staff is excited that Fred and Amber Kitchen and their two daughters, Annalise and Arabella are joining our family. This insures that HENSON MORTUARY will continue to remain a family owned and operated funeral home for many more years to come.
Let us explain what being a family funeral home really means to you.
The care you receive is a direct reflection of how our family would want to cared for. Our team is committed to care for you as if you were our immediate family. The decisions we make come down to caring for you, your family and our community.
To us family it is more than a relation. It’s our inspiration to care and to make every attempt to do what’s right and to always strive to do better.
For many funeral homes, times may have changed, but for us the inspiration and passion behind what we do in caring for families remain unwavering.
We understand the value of creating a meaningful experience with your memories and not only does it preserve your loved ones legacy, but it also facilitates in the healing process for survivors.
Henson Mortuary features a spacious facility offering a modern, warm and comfortable home-like atmosphere.
We also feature the following:
- Side entrance portico sheltered for use in inclement weather.
- Spacious entrance foyer.
- Chapel/visitation/viewing/gathering room with cathedral-style ceilings offering ample seating and is typically used for funerals, ceremonies, and memorial services.
- Two family gathering rooms that features a designated private seating area for families during services and ceremonies.
- Additional family room features an area used for overflow family room seating as well as a private place for family members to gather and share memories.
- An additional spacious visitation or gathering room.
- Two state-of-the-art merchandise selection rooms providing both burial and cremation offerings such as a wide variety of caskets, burial vaults, cemetery grave markers, cremation urns, jewelry, keepsakes, stationary products, etc.
- Our lounge and kitchen area provides all the amenities of home offering a warm, comfortable and home-like atmosphere to relax and fellowship for families, children and guests while having a beverage or snack and is equipped with commercial coffee dispenser, refrigerator, microwave, etc.
- Children’s area offering snacks and beverages, DVD’s, coloring books, and other children’s materials.
- Arrangement conference/clergy office offers a warm, comfortable and home-like atmosphere designated for service planning details and private consultations.
- Handicap accessible restrooms.
- Climate controlled floral receiving area used by professional florists for floral deliveries and care of floral arrangements prior to placement and display.
- Spacious business and private offices; spacious paved and well lighted parking area.
- We also have an on-site five car modern vehicle garage that protects our fleet of vehicles from inclement weather conditions.
We are conveniently located at 6357 East Pea Ridge Road, Huntington, just seconds from Rt. 60 in Barboursville,WV.
For our OUT-OF-TOWN FAMILIES & GUESTS, we are located approximately five minutes from the Huntington Mall and all hotel and restaurant accommodations.